The following items are covered during this visit:
- The museum’s origins
- The history of the Biennales in the past
- The turnaround in 1993
- The history and nature of the international collection, from Rodin to the present
- The annual acquisition of (contemporary) artworks
- The organisation of exhibitions (primarily contemporary art, solo exhibitions, group exhibitions, themed exhibitions…)
- The link with art in public spaces
- The issue of the preservation and management of artworks in an open-air museum
- The relationship between the museum and the park.
- € 115 for two hours
- one guide for every 15 participants, maximum 4 guides simultaneously
- Meeting point: Castle entrance
Click here to read the COVID-19 measures in the Middelheim Museum
After your tour, you can also take a two-hour creative workshop, with your group, during which you can create a three-dimensional work in clay, wood, marlstone and natural materials.
Reception and Outreach Department